Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stage 10: Calm Before the Storm



9/11. I know I'm a day late, but please let us not forget.




IM IW 07. Awesome job out there, athletes, volunteers, support crew. I'm sure it was an amazing day. I am inspired by all your reports.

This is going to be a quick post.

I decided to recover a bit. I remember the last time I was training for a marathon. Right about this time I tried to squeeze in as many training runs as I could and I ended up hurt. During my run on Friday, my legs just did not have it so I bagged the long weekend run and decided I would just gear up for four big weeks. This is what I hope to do the next six weekends:

Easy 20 miler
Solid 12-15, possibly after a ride
Race 20k
20 miler
10 miler
Marathon


Recap of Stage 10:

Tuesday: No workout
Wednesday: 5.5 miles easy on the track
Thursday: No workout
Friday: 6.5 mile run
Saturday: No workout
Sunday: No workout

Weekly Totals:
  • Swim: 0 meters
  • Bike: 0 miles
  • Run: 12 miles

Preview of Stage 11: Let's get it on. Four big weeks till marathon taper. I can do this.

5 comments:

E-Speed said...

hope you are able to ramp it up safely!

xt4 said...

Yeah baby! Gametime!

Papa Louie said...

You might have to run while you're sleeping. Hang in there and be tough.

Rachel said...

You'll do great. I'm in the final weeks before the taper as well. The anxiety, the fatigue--all seems very familiar. Trying to build up enough--not too much. Don't want to peak yet.

RunBubbaRun said...

You ready to rock and roll? I think you are...

The big question, did you sign up for IMooo '08?