Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Testing

Tap...tap...tap...

Test...test....

Hello? Is this thing on?

Ahhem....

Okay so I'm not dead...yet...

Sorry I haven't been around blogland much at all the last, uh, six months. I do still lurk around many peoples blogs to catch up every now and then. But at the end of my day, sitting down here and typing a little ditty just isn't happening.

My journey to Ironman Wisconsin in 2006 was a wonderful journey.

My life now is completely different from 2006.

'06 - xx years old
'08 - xx + 2 years old
'06 - full time student
'08 - full time employment and typically working over 50 hours a week.
'06 - living in Cleveland with parks and trails and hills galore
'08 - living in Columbus with limited training grounds
'06 - training with partners in crime Trina and Cassie
'08 - training mostly solo
'06 - relationship status: single
'08 - relationship status: =)

Okay the three of you who are reading this probably are thinking: "We want training updates!"

WIBA was just this past weekend and yeah the discerning eye will catch me in different photos from some other folks' blogs. (See specifically Wil and Steve) Last year at WIBA I was there for the experience; this year I was there to do some work.

Friday during the day I spent some time gathering information on the next big project at work. Then I got in a good forty mile ride from Middleton to Mt. Horeb and back. (Yes I hit the big hills on the IM course) followed by a 30 minute run. Saturday was a short choppy open water swim, sans wetsuit....brrrrr....stopped to pick up some donuts....then the mental challenge of going 112 miles on the bike. That was my longest bike ride to date by...oh...62 miles. Thanks to the small crew for listening to me mumble obscenities all day. I would have bailed earlier if not for them. Sunday, being short on time, I got up early to run about 20 minutes before meeting the rest of the WIBA crew and running another 1:30 with the cool kids.

So where do I stand? I'm not sure. I know I have not put in the work and am under trained compared to 2006. But you know what...life in 2008 is pretty darn good.

I'm not sure when I'll report back next so....

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Hey, welcome back!!

And nice seeing you this past weekend!!

Tracy said...

HEY!! Man you rocked it out there, and for just taking in the scenery last year you totally rocked it then too! Holy cow man.. you're a machine :)