Friday, December 01, 2006

Foot Fetish




Thank you everyone for the the thoughts, concerns, and comments; they were very much appreciated.

I am on my way back.

I had another physical therapy appointment earlier this week. The ankle is stable and strong. Obviously there is some disparity between the strength of my left and right legs. I can visual see the difference in calf and quad girth. In addition, there is still a good deal of scar tissue around the joint. My ankle doesn't look like a cantaloupe anymore, but maybe a big red delicious.

What's next? I've got some new/old exercises (old in the sense that I've done many of the same things for previous injuries) and of course I need to build back my leg strength. I've been given free reign to pump iron with the legs. Yeah!!! Swimming and biking are allowed too. Double Yeah!!! No impact sports though, which includes running. Boo!!!

But I also have to get rid of that scar tissue. How? Massage it!!!

So if anyone out there has a thing for feet, I'll have some oils, maybe a few scented candles, some soft music, and a foot that needs a serious rub down.

And I'm not afraid of a little pain.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! You better post details if you have any takers.

Pharmie said...

Glad to see you back on your, um, feet again! Sorry! I couldn't resist. I agree with triteacher on the details, but then your blog may need some sort of special rating :)

Jodi said...

I do not understand people with foot fetishes! It's so weird.

Enjoy all that biking and swimming. My favorites!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the no-running club! It sucks - I'm not going to lie.

RunBubbaRun said...

I'm pretty sure you don't want me to rub your feet. A message therapist told me the same thing about rubbing out the scar tissue. Glad to hear you are back to training again. Injury downtime is no fun.

Anonymous said...

Do you know the high power water jets that shoot out water in the CSU pool? I've been massaging my feet and lower legs with those jets and find it to be a good massage.

Trisaratops said...

Rub that baby down!

Cliff said...

Al,

I think Papa Louie does have a point there...is the water hot? With hot water..like a hot tub...the heat helps increase blood flow and get remove the scar tissue.

Hope you get weell soon.

Mike said...

Sorry can't help with the massage!;-)

Not the most fun training but if you have access to a pool, pool-running works pretty well with the aquajogger:
http://aquajogger.com/default.htm
I did it for awhile when I had some running issues- surprisingly tough workout when you dial up the intensity!