Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dedications

Ironman Wisconsin 2006 is almost here. Along the way, I have been fortunate to hear about the experiences of some folks making the same journey to Madison. I've thrown together a few songs here in their honor.

RunBubbaRun:



Unwritten, by Natasha Bedingfield.
He's upgrading his Man Card to an IronMan Card.


TriTeacher:



Born to Run, by Bruce Springsteen.
Anyone who likes mile repeats was born to run.

xt4:



Right Now, by Van Halen.
He has broken down and analyzed this race so thoroughly. He's more than ready for the things he can't control that Ironman will be throwing at him.

Pharmie
:



Seven Nation Army, by The White Stripes.
She's listed The White Stripes as one of her favorite musical artists. Nothing's going to hold her back on race day.

Rob:



Mama Said Knock You Out, by LL Cool J.
He's an Ironman veteran who had a rough day at IMCdA in June, but is coming back this year to race at IM WI. He's going to TKO that race in a few days.

Chris:



Beautiful Day, by U2.
The past two years he has braved the elements to finish strong at IM WI. This year, I have no doubt he's got a PR.

Iron Wil:



Time of Your Life, by Greenday.
Wil has been a source of inspiration for me all year long. I don't know how she does the things she does.

TriSaraTops:



The Adventure, by Angels and Airwaves.
I've enjoyed following her amazing adventure. It has been a privilege for me to be a part of it.

Me (aka qcmier):



Crazy Train, by Ozzy Osbourne
I've been riding a crazy train.

I know there will be more than 2000 other folks who will be making the journey to IM WI. Everyone has a story to tell. They're all heroes.



And for all those who have been walking with me.



Thank You.

8 comments:

Eric said...

It's been great watching you, reading you, talking with you during your IM journey. I only wish I could have trained with you more often.

Looking forward to race day and your report afterwards.

Pharmie said...

Wow. What a fun post! Can't wait to meet you out there!

Chris said...

Awesome! I was just thinking about making a blogger Ironman Wisconsin list, but you've done it for me!

Thanks for the compilation. Time to go make a playlist of all these songs, which I'll, of course, name after you! We've got similar tastes in music.

See you in a few days!

Trisaratops said...

This is AWESOME! :) Just what I needed today. THANKS!!! See ya out there--give me a call Thursday when you all get in!

Triteacher said...

OK, now I'm just getting weepy! THANK YOU!

And, on a lighter note, do update us on your little bike trial today - success? I'm with TriSaraTops who earlier said that that's one thing she'll let be new on race day. :)

Lloyd said...

Good luck, and remember those ham sammiches!

RunBubbaRun said...

Time to rock the course, and no more doctor's to see for now (you and me both). I will see you out there. Great post.

E-Speed said...

What an awesome post Al! Love it!