Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Blue



Here are the top 10 things I will try to do now that Ironman Wisconsin has come and gone. Or you could call this the 10 things I put on the back burner while I was going after Iron.
  1. I will try to turn a screen pass into a touchdown. Then I will try to stop my friend on the other side of the ball from running past me for a touchdown.
  2. I will try to make my friend run around the raquetball court. Then I will try to hit a kill shot on the game winning point.
  3. I will try to make the tough dig on a well struck volleyball. Then I will try to hit a three ball down the line, from the weakside.
  4. I will try to head down the black diamonds under control. Then I will try to do the same at Tahoe, or Vail, or Whistler.
  5. I will try to play Mozart on the piano again. Then I will try Chopin.
  6. I will try to utilize my kitchen on a weeknight. Then I will try to cook again the next week.
  7. I will try to get my humidor in order. Then I will try not to smoke too many cigars.
  8. I will try to watch some TV. Then I will try not to watch every night.
  9. I will try to sleep in on Saturdays. Then I will try to get to sleep earlier on weeknights.
  10. I will try to enjoy my time with family and friends, new and old, near and far. Then I will smile at the thoughts of where I have been and where I am going.

10 comments:

Jodi said...

Great list! If you sign up for IMKY you might have a limited time to do them!

:)

Jodi

Trisaratops said...

Great list! How bizarre that I picked up my old Chopin book again last night.....!

Matt LOVES LOVES LOVES raquetball and is always looking for someone to play! And looks like he'll be back full time at CSU in January (long story) so he'll be down there a lot! Lemme know if you want his cell #!

Cliff said...

I can relate to Number 4. is racquetball the same as squash? That game is fun. I love making my friend run.

Pixie said...

Great list! You should add sky-diving to that list. :)

Habeela said...

8&9 are definitely on my list of things to do as well.

RunBubbaRun said...

You forget the part about staying in front of the TV all day and playing video games until your hand gets numb. Number 10 definetly on the daily things to do list.

Triteacher said...

Wow, you're such an all-rounder... athlete, pianist, socialite, cook,... smoker?? Huh, guess you never claimed to follow the rules. :)

E-Speed said...

I used to love this song in college. Hope your ankle gets better!

Mike said...

Great list, very well-rounded there! I like #6- I can totally relate there.

Request- please DO NOT post anymore of those ankle pics....OUCH!!! It's like a friggen car crash..I can't stop looking at that last pic.
Seriously, I hope you are recovering from that nasty sprain.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Good to know that there is life after Ironman. :)

An ironman and a pianist! WOW...

And Whistler, definitely Whistler...