Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tempted



I will not lie.

I am tempted.

I think I want it, again.

It's all around.

It's in my system.

And I can't ignore it.

It's on TV.

It's about to happen at Kona.

It is

Ironman...

Registration for IM Louisville opens up in a few weeks.

IM Florida takes place next month.

Even IM Canada and IM Wisconsin have opened up a lottery for additional entries.

I caught the Radical Reels Tour this past weekend with some friends. There was most definitely some Ironman talk and it stoked the fire.

Will I IM again? I think that has already been decided.

"Can I do it?" is no longer the question.

That was asked a few hours after crossing the line at one triathlon and I found my way to another triathlon in the shadows of a capitol a year later. Along the way, I experienced highs and lows. New friends were made. Old friends became better friends. And by loosening my grip ever so slightly, I found out how far I could really go.

And the answer:

I did it.

So the new question is:

"What will I experience on the next journey?"

...

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Woo hoo! Another one joins the IM 2007 bus!

:-)

Jodi

RunBubbaRun said...

So which one did you decide on? I really want to do IM canada, now that would be epic. There is only one cure for the IM fix. Welcome back.

Trisaratops said...

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Ha ha ha--gotta live vicariously through the '07 crew until I can get my fix again!

JenC said...

Looking forward to hearing what you decide upon. Good luck!

Pixie said...

HOW EXCITING!!! Good luck!

Papa Louie said...

It's called the IM Bug. I guess the only cure is to tackle it head strong. Enjoy your adventures.

Cliff said...

I think Batman once told me to take this tri thing as far as I can.

Well, so far the line up is Lake Placid '07. I don't knwo about 08 b/c of the cost issue and what not. I do plan on doing Wisconsin b/c it looks hard :).

Triteacher said...

I await your decision with bated breath... (Truly. Somehow your decision feels like part of my decision, and that's tricky cuz then I don't know if I'm rooting for "yes" or rooting for "wait 'til 08." ARGH.)

Good to have you back. :)