Monday, October 16, 2006

Love Hurts



Hope your weekend was an excellent one. Great job to all the racers out there this past weekend, especially to DaisyDuc and Papa Louie at the C-bus marathon and TriEric and his wife at the B-more marathon. Happy Birthday to E-Speed, too.

Me? I had to get my football fix in. Well here are some of the results.


The result of someone's cleats meeting my chest.



The result of trying to cut on an uneven patch of ground.
Then continuing to play for another hour until the adrenaline wore off.



In a game where size does matter, it doesn't bother me that I am the smallest guy out there. I'm not even the best runner. But despite the many bumps, bruises, sprains, and tears I have sustained through the years from playing football I still love being out on the field. I don't know why. I want to make that catch, or shake off the tackle for a few more yards, or break up the pass, or make the solid tackle. So my ankle will heal up and I'll probably be out there again in a few weeks. Maybe I'll tape up my ankle next time. Maybe I'll be even smarter and get an ankle brace. Maybe I'll score a couple touchdowns next time. Then Monday morning the hurt won't feel as bad.

12 comments:

Trisaratops said...

OW!

OW OW OW OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Man, we should compare bruises. I think your ankle beats mine though. Stupid Rottweilers....

ICE that baby up!

Jodi said...

Ouch. Must be nice to do something other than swim, bike and run, though!

Jodi

Papa Louie said...

You must really love the sport. I'm glad you're young enough to bounce right back after getting beat up from a friendly game of football. I love the sport too much that I'd get my butt beat to a pulp and that my training and racing for the season would be done for.

Cliff said...

No scar no prove. :)....hmmm...

Triteacher said...

Do they make ankle braces that size?? That looks painful. Glad you're being such a trooper about it!

RunBubbaRun said...

Ohh, that looks like it might hurt. Ice bath, it make the rest of the other pain go away. Did you get the size of that shoe?

Rachel said...

I don't get those full contact sports. They seem very painful.

Pixie said...

Yet another thing we have in common! I love playing football! We have an annual camping outing with our friends and there is always an intense game of football involved. I LOVE IT!

Better start taping up those ankles...in ANY contact sport. :) Hope you heal soon.

Pharmie said...

Yikes! That is one huge ankle! I would agree with the taping next time. A little extra support never hurts. Thanks for the gross pictures. I love them:)

Eric said...

Ice Ice Baby

When you remove the canteloupe from your ankle will you eat it?

Kewl Nitrox said...

You're the smallest? You look like a pretty big guy in the pictures, so the rest of 'em must be giants. :)

The ankle looks painful, rest up well and wear an ankle brace next time. I used to sprain my ankles quite a bit in the army and now they get uncomfortable on flights where my ankles get cold - you don't want that when you are at my ripe old age. ;)

You're right though, nothing like a couple of touch-downs to make the pain go away...

Lloyd said...

Wow, a cankle.

Fortunately for you, it will return to being your calf and ankle.

Football sounds fun. I'm sure your game was better than the Browns. :(