Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Stage 2: Feeling...




WIBA was such a nice retreat. I got away from my everyday life for a while. It was not easy coming back. I really don't know what to write about so I'll just recap last week's workouts.

Monday: I was a still little tired from WIBA, but I got in a nice, easy 1.2 mile open water swim. I followed that up with a pretty good 4 mile run.


Tuesday: I was still a little tired from WIBA. I really didn't have much in my legs and contemplated bagging the speed work for an easy run. But... I sucked it up and did them.


11:06.03 warmup
3:17.61/Rest Interval = 4:06.26
3:22.46/RI = 4:10.16
3:00.31/RI = 4:53.74
3:00.72/RI = 4:43.44
8:26:84 Cool down.
TOTAL: 50.07.57


Those first two, I ran more than a mile without realizing it. (The "track" is about 1.0534 miles, I think)


Wednesday: I was still a little tired from WIBA. I rode a few miles. My intention was to ride a ten mile loop that had a few rollers. I was good, except for one descent at the end - a curvy hill, not closed to traffic, and it ends right into a busy straight. A few miles of warmup and cool down plus two loops.
TOTAL: 25 miles.


Thursday: I was still a little tired from WIBA. Honestly I don't remember what I did.


Friday: I was still a little tired from WIBA. So I rested.


Saturday: Trail run. I ran about an hour and 45 with a friend at a Zone 2 effort. I finished my run with her and tacked on a few one mile pushes. I can't totally trust the mile markers at the parks, but I think I saw a leading 5 on my watch after those pushes.
TOTAL: 15 miles


Sunday: I hammered over 32 miles with my former coach. We are probably both in better shape than we will admit. There were a few short stretches where we were pulling each other at 25-27 mph. Not bad for a few out of shape fellas. I wanted to tack on an hour run, but I went in to work instead. Bummer.
TOTAL: 32 miles

Overall Totals for Week 2:

  • Swim: 2000 meters
  • Bike: 57 miles
  • Run: 23 miles

Preview of Stage 3: This will be a no intensity week as I plan to race in an Olympic Tri on Sunday.

Anyone watching Le Tour? Anyone? Bueller?

8 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Good, I'm not the only one still tired from WIBA...

Trisaratops said...

I'm KINDA watching the Tour...and by "watching" I mean TiVo'ing it and watching the first half hour or so.

:)

E-Speed said...

are the 3:00s 800s? Looks good to me!

At first I thought you meant 32 running :) Shows where my brain is at!

Fe-lady said...

I am kinda...and was rooting for Rassmusen...but I guess he has faded. There are STILL some great riders to observe this year tho! (Where are OUR guys- I think Levi is still in top ten, at least he was yesterday!)

B Bop said...

Watching bits and pieces of the tour (as time allows) and checking versus.com for the daily drama. Yesterday was an interesting stage with the high winds and intense breakaways. I think Saturday is a TT day, no??

Mike said...

Hey al- I know you are in marathon training mode so you may want to look into "evolution running"...the best $27 i've spent. Easy drills to help with running form and no more beat up quads from the dreaded heel-strike!

Re: the tour, been checking it out but not as interested this year...althought it seems to be getting interesting with "Chicken" having an uncharacteristic good TT...maybe he can hold on to that yellow jersey eh!?

Triteacher said...

You and that fast running! Good luck at your oly.

Rachel said...

Is there a theme here? Tired from WIBA. Sounds like you might be due for a rest and recovery week after your Olympic this weekend!