Friday, April 14, 2006

Today's a Quickie

Sorry folks. It's 2:30 in the morning so I best ought to keep this short. Most of my time has been consumed with these school projects that need to be done soon. I can't wait to get out of this month. So my training, well, I'm so far off my intended plan that I'm not even going to bother updating my sidebar. I did manage a quick trot today. But the big news of the day is that my "metabolic rate" is in a pretty high gear right now. Last year I weighed in at almost 170 pounds. As recent as late January I was still at 163 pounds. Tonight I snuck onto the scale in my friends bathroom and it read 150. Thirteen pounds in three months!!! All this while not really cutting back (on food or beer) or altering my diet. I actually hope to drop a few more pounds by the start of the summer which means come September I will probably be racing at close to 140 pounds. Time to get some tighter jeans!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

7 comments:

BuckeyeRunner said...

Wow!! Talk about kicking up your metabolism! Maybe after my long run this weekend, I'll come back and have lost a few!

Good luck with your school projects, and have a great easter weekend!

Violet said...

Hmmm...men in tight jeans....very 1980s I says. Just don't wear them with cowboy boots or high-top sneakers.

Papa Louie said...

Good luck on knocking out the school projects!
If you do decide to do Columbus we can work on that race together.

E-Speed said...

lol tighter jeans :) so true, when i got to my lowest weight after the wedding i bought the smallest pair of jeans I could squeeze into, yeah I don't wear those anymore :)

Trisaratops said...

MAN! How is it that guys can seem to do that and us girls need a LOOOONNNGGG time to drop that kinda poundage?

*jealous*

:) Congrats!!! That is awesome. You go out and buy yourself some tight Levis to celebrate. ha ha

qcmier said...

Elle, I was thinking about growing a mullet and breaking out the mesh shirts too.

Papa Louie, no thoughts about C-bus till after IM WI.

Chris said...

Damn that weight loss is impressive. You'll be thanking yourself that you don't need to carry that case of beer around with you at IMWI! :)