Friday, April 21, 2006

Unoriginal Content

Congratulations to Elizabeth on a great run in Boston this past Monday!!! What an impressive race and an awesome job sharing all those photos of your experience too. Maybe I'll run with you next year in Boston. I'm still wondering how these guys did so well in their marathon.

So my training this week has been a 30 minute trainer ride and a 20 minute jog. (Those are not typos.) Maybe I'll get some workout in soon.

Bill Amend (Foxtrot) has given me a few smiles recently.
















Last night I was driving home from working at a clinic in farm country. I couldn't stop staring at the all the twinkling stars. Not smart when your cruising in your car at 50 mph on a winding road in the middle of nowhere at 1am. So for any causal star gazers, there's a small meteor shower that peaks Friday night. Nothing impressive at all as the maximum rate is only about 10 per hour. I suggest some day in your lifetime, try to watch a major shower, one that has hourly rates of 100+. Awesome sight.

I'll leave you with this random photo before I return to shielding neutrons.



6 comments:

Habeela said...

You got to see that meteor shower?! I bet it was impressive. I tried to see it...in Las Vegas. Need I say more. Drove 50 miles away and the stupid beam out of the top of the pyramid still caused too much light pollution!

The content today may be unoriginal but it still makes for a great read! :)

E-Speed said...

Didn't se ethe Jogglers, they were FAR in front of me! My friend B2 did get to run with the Hoyts around mile 25!

Cliff said...

meteor showers are nice..i haven't seen one for a while.

Next time I ride, I will watch for cattles crossing the road.

Violet said...

I would never have guessed that anyone besides me would be shielding neutrons on a Friday night...we are twins my friend.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Thanks for sharing the cartoons and the pic. Brought a smile to my face. :)

Good to know that avoiding cows is not something restricted to India. :D

NOW HEAD OUT THERE AND START TRAINING!

Chris said...

All you fast runners, man. I just don't understand how you guys do it.

Be sure you at least say hi when you lap me on the run this fall. :)