Thursday, April 06, 2006

Two Tickets to Paradise

Recovery week couldn't have come at a better time, we'll actually I could certainly use a recovery month with all my school projects due in a matter of weeks. Just finished one this morning, two more due by Monday and four more due in three weeks. Fun times.

With the light workout schedule this week, I might not miss any this week. Although I will have to get creative on Friday; I have a bike refit (got new cranks last fall, new saddle and new shoes this winter and have not really felt great since) and then off to the Indian's Home Opener!!! Let's hope for some sun and a win over the hapless Twinkies.

Sunday I have designated my first duathlon of the season as an "S" race, but I'm sure once I get out on the course I will instinctively kick it up a notch. I'm in much better shape than I was last year, but I have to keep reminding myself: um, you're still under doctor's orders to do LOW intensity workouts ONLY!!! Maybe I can sneak in a sub 7:00 minute mile at the end. I've heard rumors of a strong local blogger presence there, too.

By the way anyone else out there watch the Amazing Race? That is the only TV show that I consistently watch. I actually filled out an application this year, but never followed through with it. I realized that it would cut into my IM training, which is a definite no-no. Pretty boring episode this week though and I don't like this time switch to Wednesday nights at 20:00 either. I'm usually still working out at that hour. Of well, I'll deal.

With Easter right around the corner, maybe I'll have some deep thoughts to share. Or maybe I'll just post one of my term papers to help you folks get a good nights sleep.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

8 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!! At least we spanked the Sox, how 'bout that? We're totally winning the Central now. hee hee

Hey nice pic and member profile on CTC! You're a celebrity!!!

E-Speed said...

have fun at the game!

Cliff said...

Have u ever imagine going on amazing race..g.eez with all the training..there is no need to take a taxi..just grab a bike off a local and ride like hell ;-)

I watched a bit of it before...it looks fun. If there is a reality tv i will be in ...it will be that one or the one where they make u do crazy stunts and eat worms.

Papa Louie said...

Have a great S- Race this weekend! See you there!

Chris said...

I'm off to a late start on the Amazing Race this season, but I have last night's episode waiting on my DVR to watch tonight!

BuckeyeRunner said...

Have a great time at the opener!

See you at Buzzard!

qcmier said...

Cliff,

Can you read a map and drive a stick shift???

Violet said...

Hubby and I are convinced we'd kick ass on the Amazing Race...Sadly we're too lazy..and Canadian...which is worse than being lazy.