Sunday, January 07, 2007

Football

O-H!!!

First order of business: Click here for today's musical selection.

Next item: Football. I really love football. From watching last week's Boise State win over Oklahoma in overtime to watching my favorite pro team lose to my brother-in-law's team when the QB botched the hold on a field goal attempt. So I am absolutely tickled to be moving to an awesome football town. C-bus may only have a collegiate team, but damn are they fun to watch. And they could probably beat a few pro teams too. So Monday night, after nine hours of new employee orientation, I am going to plop down somewhere with a few friends, a few beers, and watch the Buckeyes bring another national championship in football back to my state and to my new hometown.

Business that has been pigeonholed: My appointment with the cardiac doc in December was pushed back yet again. Why does he tease me by setting up a date and then avoid me by canceling? My next date with him is at the end of January. And, damn it, we have got to have a serious heart-to-heart talk soon.

Old business: We were just talking about my love of football. So remember this? (Warning: image may be graphic in nature.) Three months later it looks like this.



Anyone want to make a diagnosis?

Okay, I'll clue you in.

The good news: everything is intact - no structural damage, no subluxation of the tendons, no ligament tears. The bad news: the scar tissue is still clinging to my ligaments like a good bacon-wrapped appetizer. MMMmmm. Those carrot and celery sticks look a little out of place in that picture.

So more home exercises. And I'm still waiting for my foot massage. Most of us like happy endings, so yes, a timetable for a return to running is being established. The running will be coming soon. Can not. Hold out. Much. Longer.


In case you haven't had your fill of TBDBITL yet, here's another clip (and some of their other stuff).


GO BUCKEYES!!!
I-O!!!

12 comments:

Trisaratops said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUCKS!

RunBubbaRun said...

Yeah that Boise State should get the BCS crown for just being the most entertaining.

Good luck on you recovery.

Anonymous said...

I don't give a damn 'bout the whole state of Florida, Cause I'm from O-HI-O...

Modified from the I don't give a damn 'bout the whole state of Michigan song.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Al!
I'm a sucker for those "warning / graphic nature" links- thanks for not disappointing- I remember those pics-ouch!

Hope you are up and running soon!
Go Bucks!!

Anonymous said...

Not a football fan myself (unless it is soccer), but glad to see there is no major damage on the ankle.

God Bless and please wear an ankle brace next time! :)

Cliff said...

blah blah blah bacon wrapped blah blah blah..

Your cardiac doc sounds like a date :)..always push back and cancel. :)..

Seriously i hope you get better soon. Do they have any solution for the ankle to get rid of the scar tissue??

Rachel said...

Wow. Hope your foot heals better soon. At least you can watch more football!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

OMG that Boise St. game was amazing!!! I haven't gotten that excited over a football game since the Music City Miracle!

Hope that foot gets better soon..I know that's gotta be frustrating.

BuckeyeRunner said...

Al...I hope you go my email regarding the laptop stuff....I can't seem to locate your email in my 'sent' folder. FYI. I just got an email regarding some big sale, etc.
http://www-131.ibm.com/content/home/store_LNV_eppus_ibm/en_US/login.html

PS. The game was brutal wasn't it? Seemed like Florida had 14 guys on the field compared to 11 on the osu side.

Anonymous said...

O-H OH-NOOOO!

Steve Stenzel said...

When you mentioned "massage" and then "happy endings," I thought you were talking about something COMPLETELY different!...

Anonymous said...

Hey, where've you been? Just becoz you have a great job and has just moved is no excuse not to be blogging ya know? ;)

Hope that ankle is healing well?