Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tag

Triteacher tagged me, so I'm IT. Silly Ms. Triteacher. You know not what you have done.

Anyway, here's how it goes:

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

Shielding Techniques for Radiation Oncology Facilities, 2nd Edition. By Patton H. McGinley

Excerpt from Page 122. (Page 123 consists of Figure 8-2)
"The value of Kux is used with figure 8-2 to determine the thickness of lead required for the primary barrier. Figure 8-2 is based on 125 kV x-rays, which is a typical operating voltage for a radiotherapy simulator. Note that the transmission curve cannot be described by a single half value layer (HVL), and the thickness of lead needed must be determined graphically."

Okay, time to share the love.
  1. TriSaraTops: She may not be unpacked yet, but I'm hoping she has some book from or about Hawaii.
  2. Jodi: I'm guessing the recent birthday girl is in the lab, but taking a break from thesis writing. So let's see if we can get some more over-our-heads science stuff.
  3. Rachel: Maybe I can get even more snippets of scientific research.
By the way, ever try to track one of these "chain" posts? I traced this back to Dr. Stephanie and then lost the trail. I am also curious to see where this little bugger goes after it leaves my corner of blogland. Bon voyage.

8 comments:

Cliff said...

Sad for Susan..

Happy new years..

Stephanie said...

I have no qualms about ratting people out! I was tagged by Evil Spock, but he didn't say who gave him the cooties. So you see, it's not entirely my fault.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I knew exactly what I was doing - I'm a teacher, man - eyes in the back of my head and all... and thanks for the iiiiinteresting read.

Rachel said...

Ack! I've been tagged! Get ready for some random science!

Anonymous said...

WOAH... That is some deep stuff... You must be a rocket scientist or something....

Hey ladies, this one has BRIANS and BRAWN!

Anonymous said...

Pardon me while I run away from the computer screaming! It looks too much like school! ;) Happy new year!

Stephanie said...

Yes, you have no idea how omniscient I am!

I dislike raisins so much that I won't touch them with a 10 foot pole. What's wrong with good ol' fashioned chocolate chip?

RunBubbaRun said...

I bet that book is about 500 pages and weighs 10 lbs. You probably have more lying around also. I think my head would explode reading that stuff.

Happy new Year to you.