I called my shrink this evening to schedule an appointment and luckily she has an opening eight days from now. Why the urgency? Well this is what I did:
- 7 miles on the treadmill, 3% grade, most done under 8:00 minute pace.
- 5 minutes later I was lifting with my buddy. Did a full hour of arms and some abs.
- Ate a ham and meat pie sandwhich with a peanut butter milkshake from Tommy's
- Sat through a good lecture on multileaf collimators
- Then swam 4200 meters. (2.6 miles)
None of these things by themselves are crazy, but taken in the proper order could cause some mental and physical anguish. My main set lasted 62 minutes and hurt. I was about to cut back on my 5km swim set on Saturday, until Wil called my bluff. So yes Wil, I will see you in the pool and on the road that takes us to Madison.
Thank you everyone for the good wishes.