Thursday, March 02, 2006

Quick Thoughts

Sorry folks, I did not stop blogging; I just went out of town for the weekend. I will have a pic of my one month old niece soon. I came back, tried catching up on things, but it's hard when everything keeps on rolling. I had another long night of working on my school projects at the hospital; I got home sometime after midnight. I have midterms and several projects due next week. Ugh.

I think I took this Ash Wednesday fasting thing a little to the extreme. Two slices of toast, a vegetable stromboli, a bottle of Gatorade Endurance and plenty of water. That's usually what I eat for a snack but that's all I had time to eat today. Going to make me a PBJ sandwhich in a minute to hold me over till morning. Actually I try to fast every now and then. It's a different feeling, somewhat cleansing in a way. Just don't try to do a hard workout on those days.

Speaking of which, I didn't have time for a workout today. I have missed quite a few workouts over the last few weeks. Considering people say Ironman training is all about being consistent, consistently missing workouts is what I think really sucks for me. But the ones that I have been doing feel pretty darn good. Tuesday I did a 3300 yd swim. Got to be happy with that. Followed the swim up with a little over an hour of weights. Even better. Squatting 225lbs and deadlifts of 215lbs. Pretty sweet. No ill effects the next morning. Priceless. Ankle is still a little tender but I plan on hitting the treadmill for a few miles tomorrow after swimming. We'll see how it goes.

Time for lunch and then a quick power nap.

3 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Great job on the swim!!! Can't wait to see your little niece! :)

Papa Louie said...

You're right fasting (or detoxing)once in a while is a good thing for you. Although my son thinks I take this detox thing too seriously. But I really don't fast or detox I just try to limit the processed foods.

Cliff said...

My Pastor talked about fasting a few months ago. He said that Christians not necessary has to fast by not eating. This can be abstaining from doing something that we like or enjoy (like blogging for me).

I think the bottom line is giving up what you enjoy for God. How truthfully we give this up, only God and ourselves will know.