Monday, May 15, 2006

Today Was Not/Was

Today was not about me.

Today was not about sitting back and relaxing.

Today was about finding my limits.

Today was not about sulking over medical conditions, whether they manifested themselves recently or are the ones that I have had my whole life.

Today was about awareness, management, and control of my body.

Today was not about the serenity of an hour long trail run.

Today was about getting in a long warmup.

Today was not about mile repeats.

Today was about catching glimpses of speed I haven't seen in a while.

Today was not about pushing till I hit the wall.

Today was about meeting the face of the Death March and telling him: "I will not see you in September."

Today was not about stressing over the next several months of grueling school ahead.

Today was about making plans to ride the IM WI course on your own birthday weekend.

Today was not about reading blogs and throwing another post into my corner of blogland.

Today was about finding and sharing with others who are making similar discoveries and journeys.

Today was not about me.

Today was all about Ironman....

6 comments:

qcmier said...

Additional comment on my post.

I would have to say riding with Wil and TriSaraTops would be so much more fun and exciting than riding on my own birthday. Chris, I'd invite you, but I don't want you to miss your honeymoon.

Wil had an awesome recap of her weekend ride. She has more creativity, emotion, and passion coming out of hers fingers than I will ever have. If you haven't done so already check out her story.

Trisaratops said...

Hey!!! I LOVED this post! Thanks!

And you are MORE than welcome to head to WI with me to ride! :) Wil's tri club is going up there that weekend so that's who I'm tagging along with--but you should come too! The more the merrier! I'll email you about it this week. When's your b-day???

E-Speed said...

good post QC!

Papa Louie said...

Today is the Day!

Habeela said...

Wow! Thanks for posting this. It's so motivating!

Chris said...

I think I still will be gone that weekend on my honeymoon. I'm soooo bummed that I'm going to miss the ride and all the fun. :(