Thursday, May 18, 2006

Witness

I rarely get headaches. Unfortunately I was struck with a migraine headache that started Sunday and climaxed Monday during the day. I think this was maybe my fourth one ever. But when they happen, my entire system crashes. The headache itself lasted several hours but calmed down after the drugs kicked in. I was still getting hit with aftershocks even last night. Everything else went haywire too. My stomach was in knots and I was not able to keep in much food or liquids the last few days. I looked at my arms this morning and I know I lost some hard earned fat and muscle. But I know I can rebuild it. My BIOS was flashed and now I am feeling much better. My last workout was a killer run on Sunday. Four days off but I'm not stressing out over it. Do you know why? By missing yesterday's bike workout I was able to catch last night's awesome basketball game won by an amazing team with an amazing 21 year old kid. LeBron is only 21!!! I am not a big basketball fan, but I am absolutely pumped to hear everyone talking about C-Town, the Cavs, and LeBron. "Witness" may be a cheesey Nike slogan, but I am in awe of his physical AND mental game. I can't wait for the next game on Friday night.

Why am I not stressing out over missing so many workouts? Sometimes when you are traveling down a highway you see a sign for a scenic overlook. So you pull off and stop for 20 minutes to check out the view. Sometimes it's worth it sometimes it's not. Well fortunately I was able to stop and check out the scenery and what I saw was pretty awesome. I am a witness.












4 comments:

Trisaratops said...

He is freaking unbelieveable, isn't he?

LOVE IT~GO CAVS!!!!!!!!

Hope the headaches go away...

E-Speed said...

He is fascinating isn't he?

Saw an awesome shirt design yesterday, on the front the words were all blurred out like they were being censored, and on the back "Wintess Protection Program"

Papa Louie said...

Now that view is worth stopping and looking at!

Janet Edwards said...

GO CAVS!!! LEBRON RULES!

Glad to hear you are feeling better!