Monday, August 28, 2006

Last Run

I was not about to let rain dampen my last workout before taper. I was hoping for a little break in the rain, but at 12:30 I decided to just run through it. So I laced up the trail shoes and hit the Towpath. I ran for about an hour in a steady rain before it let up and eventually it stopped raining.



The plan was 20 miles at 9:00 minutes per mile. I surprised even myself as I looked at my watch during my run.

13:19.61 - I started between mile markers. The first marker was actually about a mile and a half away. Looking at my watch on the way back though, this was pretty close to 9:00 minute pace.

11:59.95 - I stopped short of the mile marker and turned back.

18:00.54
18:00.55
9:00.55
9:00.44
18:00.65 - That's one hell of a groove.


8:27.54
8:23.95 - This was another turnaround point. Pretty sure this mile was short.

16:58.98 - I think the last two splits threw me off my game.
8:31.39 - I tried finding the 9:00 again, but at least I held the 8:30.
8:47.99 - I purposely walked to get that pace slower.
8:41.20 - To heck with it, I'm almost done.
7:26.30 - I had only one mile marker left before my car, so why not push it.
5:58.73 - Cool down.

Total Time
2:50.38

The total distance was probably under 19.5, but at this point who cares? I am in taper and I declare that I am ready for Ironman. No doubts, no fears.

Let's roll.

7 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Glad to see you got this one in the bank! I know you really wanted to have one more good run for your head...and your legs. :) Now it's time to rock and roll, baby!!!! And, um, SLEEP for you--1am?! Don't be like me! ha ha

Jodi said...

Great run! At least you were able to keep it slow for most of it. Who can resist hammering the last one?

:)

Habeela said...

Well, the anticipation of IMMoo may not be killing all of you who are actually tapering for it, but it's killing me! I can't wait to see how awesome you all do! :)

E-Speed said...

awesome! You are going to do great at IM MOO! Let the taper begin!

xt4 said...

Great work man! Congrats on arriving to Taper in style -

RunBubbaRun said...

Great job to get the last good run, now you can taper in peace. Can't wait to see everybody rockin the IMooo course.

Janet Edwards said...

Way to go! I laugh at the idea of a taper which includes a 20 miler.