Monday, February 20, 2006

The Terminal (cont'd)

Due to the "breaking" news flash, I edited my epic. So let's pick this back up again.

T-28 is where I took my rest stop to sort through my chart and CT scan. I had fun reading about my ACL reconstruction from a few years ago.

Next stop S-15: blood work. Well, I told them I needed an EKG too, so they sent me to F-15 where I could do both at the same stop.

Back over to F-15: blood work and EKG. I get a matching bandage on my right arm as they drew SIX vials of blood from me. Need food soon. The EKG went okay. I might have fallen asleep.

Next stop was F-30: talk with the Doc. I check in a little before 16:00 and tell the receptionist that I am going for food. So trek to the cafeteria scarf down a sandwich and head back to the waiting room. I finally go back to an exam room and wait a little more for the doc. A little after 17:00 I get to see him. He looks over most of the results and says everything looks fine. Stress test, excellent, Echocardiogram, excellent, CT scan normal, Blood work fine, (they even checked my prostate specific antigen levels!!) Even my EKG was normal today. The bad news: there is a small chance I may have a rare condition that would cause my heart to stop suddenly. Ugghhh. So the doc is going to look at the raw data from the holter monitor from a few weeks ago and then decide if or when I should get tested for this rare syndrome. Sigh. He gives me the yellow light - I should stick with really low intensity workouts for now. I was about to start pushing my lactate threshold, but I guess that will wait a bit.

So at 17:30 I was done playing patient for the day.

Back to T-28 to meet some classmates how are working on an annual QA for a linac. They probably worked till 23:00. They are hardworking and a lot smarter than I; and I sincerely mean that. I stuck around for a little while - till about 19:00, but since I was not required to stay there I decided to go play Wingman. And so this Friday epic will continue at the Interclub Social.

1 comment:

Trisaratops said...

Hoping and praying it's not the rare condition....hang in there! I'm rootin' for ya. :)