Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Today's run, by the numbers

Numbers* from today's trail run.

55 - time of the run in minutes
unknown - number of miles traversed
0 - times that I cared how many miles I ran
1 - other runners I passed on the trail
3 - deer running across my path
2 - stream crossings
3 - fallen trees on the path
1 - times the mud sucked my shoe off my foot.
1 - times when I did not know where the trail went
3 - scratches on my leg from the shrubs
1 - pair of unwashable socks - I have no trail shoes yet =(
1 - college buddy I had not seen in years pulling into the parking lot
2 - times I thought about my Friday appointment
3 - times I thought about Wil's post from today
C = constant, as in amount of time I should be thinking how fortunate I am...

* - I am a numbers geek so pardon me if I use this format often for my posts.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I'm just glad to see you back in action. We have to get together for a ride sometime, indoor or out.

Waiting anxiously with you on the heart monitoring results.